Well, I thought I’d already joined all the reading challenges for 2020 and then I came across this one. Anyone who knows me is aware I love my series reading❤️ So, this challenge fits better than any other. And, I’m going for the A-List Series Finisher (9+ series)! Thanks to Carla @ Carla Loves to Read for putting this on my radar.
I’m not completely sure of my list but here are those I’ve already scheduled:
- Detective D. D. Warren by Lisa Gardner
- Prison Break Trilogy by Allison Brennan
- FBI Trilogy by Allison Brennan
- Victorian Rebels by Kerrigan Byrne
- Mercy Kilpatrick by Kendra Elliot
- In Death by J. D. Robb
- Black Dagger Brotherhood by J. R. Ward
- Hostage Rescue Team by Kaylea Cross
- Romantic Suspense by Karen Rose
- Fatal by Marie Force
- Sullivan’s Crossing by Robyn Carr
This challenge is focused on finally finishing those series that you’ve started but not yet completed. It was previously hosted by Bea’s Book Nook, but since 2018 it’s been in the capable hands of Celebrity Readers.
- The challenge will run from January 1st, 2020 to December 31st, 2020. Books must be read during this time frame to count. Sign up is open from now until December 1st, 2020, so you may join even just for the last month of the year.
- Series can be already completed as well as still ongoing. For ongoing series, the goal is to catch up to the most recent book published by the end of 2020.
- It doesn’t matter if you have only 1 book or 10 books to read in order to finish your series, as long as you’ve started the series before 2020 (i.e., read at least one book in the series), it counts. Re-reads are not required.
- Any format and length of book counts – print, ebook, audio, ARC, etc.
- Series can be any length (even if it’s just a Duet).
- Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable!
- Reviews are not required, but highly encouraged.
How to Play
- Declare your intentions to participate in this challenge somewhere on the internet!! You do not need to be a blogger to participate, there are many ways to declare. You could write a blog post, create a reading challenge page, create a Goodreads shelf containing series you hope to finish, post about it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Some things you could include (but that aren’t required):
- A link to this page so that others may find us and join the fun as well (feel free to download the button at the top to use in your posts).
- A list of series you hope to read for this challenge. You could even get fancy and list the length of the series, or the books you’ve already read, etc.
- The level you are aiming for.
- Sign up for the challenge at Celebrity Readers.
- There will be posting quarterly link ups to add links to reviews or any wrap-up/overview posts.
- Use the hashtag #FinishingTheSeries2020 on any social media to keep up with other participants!
- C-LIST SERIES FINISHER ⇒ COMPLETE 1-4 SERIES.
- B-LIST SERIES FINISHER ⇒ COMPLETE 5-8 SERIES.
- A-LIST SERIES FINISHER ⇒ COMPLETE 9+ SERIES.