I was tagged again for The Sunshine Blogger Award by Christina @ The Litness Blog, which is absolutely wonderful. Make certain you check out her site.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog.
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post.
11 QUESTIONS FROM CHRISTINA
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I was a co-blogger for six years on The Book Nympho and we decided to shut down at the end of 2017. I was fine with that as the brand belonged to the owner, Jennifer, and I needed the break after a personally tough year. This WordPress account was set up over five years ago but I’d not done anything with it. However, in June, I decided to finally access it and fiddle around with a layout. The more I worked on it (about an hour each morning for a week), the more excited I became about finally creating my own blog and vision. By the end of the week, I had created my first post. I read a lot of books and write reviews for every one I finish. My tastes run the gamut so I thought I’d share them outside of Goodreads.
2. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Walking! Now that fall is here, I’m looking forward to resuming my daily walks in some of the beautiful parks here in my city.
3. What was your first blog post and would you change anything about it now?
My first blog post was a review of Tin Man by Sarah Winman. I’m glad it was my first post as I thought the book a hidden jewel that I couldn’t shout about loud enough. Wouldn’t change that decision.
4. What is your favorite post you’ve written?
I developed two features for the weekend, Saturdays at the Cafe & Something to Talk About and I really enjoy writing them. I just didn’t want to be posting reviews on the weekend and wanted the blog to be an interesting place to visit on those days.
5. If you could be transported to any world from a book, where would it be?
I’m a huge fan of the In Death series by J. D. Robb, which is set in the year 2061 (right now). They’ve a lot of tech gadgets I’d love to use so I think I wouldn’t mind being there. The Auto Chef would be my best friend as I’m a terrible cook.
6. Summarize your life, with three songs.
I’m not sure they summarize my life but these are three of my absolute favorites because they evoke some strong memories of specific points of time in my life. They’re oldies so you’re gonna have to look them up!
- What’s Going On by Marvin Gaye (the message works in any decade)
- Hot Fun in the Summertime by Sly & The Family Stone (you’ll be hooked from the first chord)
- It’s Too Late by Carole King (her Tapestry album is still a top seller)
Check out the clips!
7. How do you come up with a blog post?
I post the reviews for what I’ve recently finished. And, I will often post reviews of older titles for authors I’m interested in sharing that may not be that well known but are fantastic writers. My Sunday post is topical, focused on issues that may be top of mind…at least for me😏
8. Do your friends and family know about your blog?
Absolutely! They’ve been über supportive and have encouraged me for years to move forward with my own blog.
9. What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
I’m still learning! But my most recent instruction was about the use of star ratings on blog posts. Many bloggers don’t use them and I discussed this on my last Sunday post. It was a thought provoking discussion that shifted my thinking when I never expected that to happen.
10. What is the longest book you’ve read?
I believe that would be Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. It was over 900 pages and I loved it!
11. Where are you from, and what is the most common stereotype or misconception about your home town/state/country?
I’m originally from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and it’s not Southern. In fact, the state is in the Mid-Atlantic region and about half of the state doesn’t think of it as Southern. But, when I lived in New York, I was always introduced as being from the South.
I NOMINATE (I’ll understand if you’re not game)
11 QUESTIONS FROM ME TO YOU
1. What was the inspiration for your blog design?
2. Who was the most positive influence in your life and why?
3. What was the book (or books) that led you to your most favorite genre?
4. What authors would you most like to sit down with for a cup of coffee and discuss their writing?
5. What are you most proud of so far?
6. If you could be transported into any story you’ve read to date, what book would it be and why? (It’s okay to have more than one.)
7. Where do you post your reviews, other than your blog?
8. Coffee, tea or something else?
9. When did you realize that books would always be important in your life?
10. What book brought you to tears?
11. What are two things you’d want people to know about you?