I’ve decided to sign up for my first 2019 reading challenge. It’s hosted by Amy @ Passages to the Past and thanks to Mackey @ Macsbooks for making me aware of the challenge. I’m beginning to read more of this genre and am currently participating in a Goodreads group read of the Gaslight Mystery Series by Victoria Thompson, which fits this category.
Reading Challenge Details
Each month, a new post dedicated to the HF Challenge will be created. To participate, you only have to follow the rules below.
Everyone can participate! If you don’t have a blog you can post a link to your review if it’s posted on Goodreads, Facebook, or Amazon, or you can add your book title and thoughts in the comment section if you wish.
Add the link(s) of your review(s) including your name and book title to the Mister Linky we’ll be adding to our monthly post (please use the direct URL that will guide us directly to your review)
Any sub-genre of historical fiction is accepted (Historical Romance, Historical Mystery, Historical Fantasy, Young Adult, History/Non-Fiction, etc.)
During the following 12 months you can choose one of the different reading levels:
- 20th Century Reader – 2 books
- Victorian Reader – 5 books
- Renaissance Reader – 10 books
- Medieval – 15 books
- Ancient History – 25 books
- Prehistoric – 50+ books
The challenge runs from January 1 – December 31, 2019.
My Reading Level
I’m signing up as a Renaissance Reader (10 books) but am keeping my eye on Medieval (15 books)! Anyone interested in joining the challenge?
- Murder on Sisters’ Row by Victoria Thompson
- For Her Honor by Holly Bush
- Murder on Fifth Avenue by Victoria Thompson
- Murder in Chelsea by Victoria Thompson
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Murder in Murray Hill by Victoria Thompson
- The Summer Wives by Beatriz Williams
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- Murder on Amsterdam Avenue by Victoria Thompson
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
- The Highlander’s Lost Lady by Anna Campbell
- The Reckoning by John Grisham
- Murder on St. Nicholas Avenue by Victoria Thompson
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
- Montauk by Nicola Harrison
- Bethlehem by Karen Kelly
- Murder in Morningside Heights by Victoria Thompson
- Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield
- Keeping Lucy by T. Greenwood
- Murder in the Bowery by Victoria Thompson
- The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff
- How to Love a Duke in Ten Days by Kerrigan Byrne
- Murder on Union Square by Victoria Thompson
- The Widow of Rose House by Diana Biller