Welcome to my Friday feature! Created by the wonderful Meggy @ Chocolate ‘n’ Waffles, it’s a remedy against feeling down by creating a list of all the good things happening in my life this week. I became so inspired by her weekly posts and later also that by Nickimags @ Secret Library Book Blog, I felt it was time to begin sharing my own good feelings. It can be anything, from the smallest gesture from a stranger to a major event in your life that alters the direction of your day. Maybe something here will bring a smile to you in the moment.
Hubby and I continued our tradition of early voting with our best friends at our favorite polling location, added back to the early voting sites this year. I have voted in every election since I turned 18 years old. I’ll never understand why everyone doesn’t exercise this right.
I received twelve audiobooks for review this week! All but two were on my wishlist💜
Yesterday I reached out to a former colleague and friend who taught me so much about my job when I was in government relations. I needed some guidance on the state elections and of course he delivered within an hour. Then we talked last night and it was like we hadn’t had more than eight years since our last conversation. Of course, we’re planning to meet within the next month. I just adore him.
I finished the first season and this series was EVERYTHING I’d hoped it would be! I can’t wait for the next season and I’ve got a long wait. It didn’t an excellent job of putting face and voice to the Harvey Weinstein type of predatory abuse.
The power of a smile just keeps showing up in my life. I’m being changed by all the people who are responding to my smile, striking up spontaneous conversations with strangers I would otherwise never have had. It feeds my soul.
- My switch to Peet’s Coffee is complete. I now have it on a subscription plan, saving lots of money.
- I was strongly moved by Vanessa Bryant’s courage in speaking at the memorial service for her husband, Kobe, and daughter, Gigi. It gave me strength to tackle some tough conversations in my own life.
- My last two book club members joined Goodreads and all finished their voting for our next year of titles. The schedule is complete and now available on Goodreads (and I still sent them a document).
- We discovered a new pizza place in our favorite shopping center that we didn’t know existed! It’s a create your own place similar to our beloved one that closed a few years ago that we’ve never replaced.
- My health is great, mobility and flexibility good and my numbers all within normal ranges.