Welcome to my Friday feature! Created by the wonderful Meggy @ Chocolate ‘n’ Waffles, it’s a remedy against feeling down by creating a list of all the good things happening in my life this week. I became so inspired by her weekly posts and later also that by Nickimags @ Secret Library Book Blog, I felt it was time to begin sharing my own good feelings. It can be anything, from the smallest gesture from a stranger to a major event in your life that alters the direction of your day. Maybe something here will bring a smile to you in the moment.
I’m a day late in posting my weekly feature because hubby and I worked furiously to finish the beach house and we finally put a bow on it late last night. Here are some of the wonderful things that happened as we prepared it for rental:
- The agency evaluation went fabulous and we are approved for the category we were striving to achieve.
- We found out from the lovely women working at a local restaurant we now frequent where to find all those small essentials CHEAP and that was an understatement! We came far under budget.
- Every room is now finished and our punch list is done.
- The photography session was a win, too, as the representative wanted a ton more than anticipated.
- We discovered there’s a robust after Christmas market so fingers crossed.
- Finally but not least, it looks gorgeous.
Even though we were out of town all week it wasn’t all about the house. We kept meeting and engaging with strangers, some locals and others from out of town, and had the best conversations. It kept our spirits high and smiles bright. We definitely felt the best of this holiday season.
We stumbled upon this place Thursday night after a really hard day. We really couldn’t afford it but needed the respite. In addition to having a fabulous meal in the midst of great service and ambience, we enjoyed their 2-for-1 menu, which kept us on budget! It was a wonderful end to the day.
- My mother’s neighbor stepped up and helped me with the house in Virginia, bailing me out of a situation while I was in SC.
- My youngest sister had a birthday! While we weren’t together for it, she had a fabulous day!
- My latest Stitch Fix arrived and I loved everything in it!
- Unexpectedly received substantial money from someone who owes us plenty!!!
- I’m having one of the best reading months ever!