Welcome to my Friday feature! Created by the wonderful Meggy @ Chocolate ‘n’ Waffles, it’s a remedy against feeling down by creating a list of all the good things happening in my life this week. I became so inspired by her weekly posts and later also that by Nickimags @ Secret Library Book Blog, I felt it was time to begin sharing my own good feelings. It can be anything, from the smallest gesture from a stranger to a major event in your life that alters the direction of your day. Maybe something here will bring a smile to you in the moment.
We had a quiet Christmas after all the traveling we’ve done in the last eight weeks but we were invited to spend it with our best friends and met their son for the first time. It was a lovely dinner and the fellowship was just wonderful.
My cousin from San Francisco and his fabulous wife surprised us with a visit yesterday! I was missing my family so this is a true blessing. Lots of joy and laughs last night and continuing on until tomorrow morning.
My cousin’s wife loves to walk and I’ve yearned for a partner. This morning, we set out for our bicentennial park and had a great walk and it was not only beautiful but filled with lots of friendly people. It brightened our day.
I’m easy to please about most things but I’m picky about my bedroom slippers. I’m over the moon about getting these for Christmas from my sister as my old pair was falling apart💜
- My cousin’s wife was going through my Mom’s old photo albums and discovered several keepsakes we’d given her that I haven’t seen since my childhood. Oh, the flood of great memories🥰
- My 4-year old niece and my 7-year old nephew loved their personalized books we sent them, so much that she sent a video of thanks and he placed a special call. Sometimes it’s the little things.
- Standing in the grocery line last night, I struck up a wonderful conversation with the couple in front of me. In addition to a fun conversation, they let me go ahead with my one item and we traded info about food gems. Best five minutes ever.
- Finally found the time to upload three potentially 5-star multi-disk audiobooks to my computer so I could transfer them to my phone. Listening to one of them now.
- My house suffered during our frequent travels out of town but I tackled it yesterday morning and now everything is sparkling. Makes me happy😍