This reading challenge, hosted by Austine & Katie @ NovelKnight, is all about knocking off those older books from your to-read list. Any genre, any format, any length. I participate in several group reads of older series so this fits my reading habits oh so well. And, I got seriously behind in 2019. My pledge is to read 80 books for this challenge.
- The book must have been published in 2019 or earlier to count. It can be in any format (including an ARC/eARC) as long as the release date is 2019 or earlier (i.e. 2020 releases are not allowed).
- You have to start and finish the book in 2020 to count it. Any books started in 2019 and finished in 2020 do not count. Any books started in 2020 and finished in 2021 also do not count.
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020
How to Join
- POST your backlist TBR for the year somewhere online! This can be in the form of a blog post, instagram photo caption, Twitter thread, Goodreads shelf, YouTube video, whatever works for you! You are NOT locked into these books, it’s just something to get you started! Make sure to share a link to this page somewhere in your post so others can find the challenge!
- SIGN UP using the form below! Sign-ups will stay open all year long so you can join at any time.
- READ backlist books and knock them off your TBR!
- SHARE your updates on social media!
Official Challenge Tags
#BeatTheBacklist #BeatTheBacklist2020 #BTB2020
My TBR Backlist
(In alpha order)