Welcome to my Friday feature! Created by the wonderful Meggy @ Chocolate ‘n’ Waffles, it’s a remedy against feeling down by creating a list of all the good things happening in my life this week. I became so inspired by her weekly posts and later also that by Nickimags @ Secret Library Book Blog, I felt it was time to begin sharing my own good feelings. It can be anything, from the smallest gesture from a stranger to a major event in your life that alters the direction of your day. Maybe something here will bring a smile to you in the moment.
This week, I’m going to focus on all the things I’m grateful for in the midst of all the worldwide worry and concern.
- My blogger friends who keep sharing their reading experiences, recipes, inspirations and themselves. This community rocks!
- My health, which currently is great when only 18 months ago it was just fair.
- My husband, who is a microbiologist specializing in infectious diseases and is keeping me and my family levelheaded and sane.
- My friends and family who mean so very, very much to me.
- My books, without which I’d miss the opportunity to escape into worlds I wouldn’t have even imagined.
- My home, the place I call my sanctuary. We’ve lived here almost 25 years and I still love it.
- Responsible media who are currently filling a leadership vacuum in the moment.
- My favorite television programs, helping to distract and entertain me so successfully.
If nothing else, this time of uncertainty has had me pause and reflect upon the people and things in my life that truly matter. For that, I’m grateful.