Welcome to my Friday feature! Created by the wonderful Meggy @ Chocolate ‘n’ Waffles, it’s a remedy against feeling down by creating a list of all the good things happening in my life this week. I became so inspired by her weekly posts and later also that by Nickimags @ Secret Library Book Blog, I felt it was time to begin sharing my own good feelings. It can be anything, from the smallest gesture from a stranger to a major event in your life that alters the direction of your day. Maybe something here will bring a smile to you in the moment.
I know deep in my heart that I have lots to be grateful for in the midst of all the worldwide worry and concern. If I keep my focus on gratitude, I’ll feel its constant presence.
I thought I wouldn’t be able to continue my birthday tradition of spending a long lunch with Hubby and our two best friends because of COVID-19. Imagine my surprise and outright joy when Hubby figured out how to work it out! Best birthday present ever🥰
September is a big birthday month in my family (5 of us right in a row!). The most wonderful celebration was with my 90-year old uncle (by marriage, so unfortunately I didn’t inherit the genes) whose 97-year old brother and 100-year old sister were on the family call!!! It was amazing.
I read 12 books in September and had three rated 5-stars. I’m struggling today to decide whether to listen to my great audiobook or read my wonderful eBook. This is the best kind of problem😊
I really, really wanted this book in audio. It’s the second in the Devil You Know series and I love the narrator. I got it from the publisher for audio review and I’m in the middle and loving the story!
- Hubby and I finally found a new Chinese restaurant that has great food and delivers timely. Believe me, this has been a big issue.
- One of my Goodreads groups started a new series I recommended and everyone loved the first book…whew!
- Hubby found a Salisbury steak recipe (we haven’t ever eaten that since we married) and it was delicious. Nice to have something different.
- I slogged through Lolita and came out of it appreciating the classic. Certainly not what I’d expected.
- My sisters and I had our first Zoom call, of course on my birthday. It was so, so great.
- Apple finally gave us the ability to reply to an earlier text message so you can see the original statement/question.
I continue to pause and reflect upon the people and things in my life that truly matter. For that, I’m grateful.