Welcome to my Friday feature! Created by the wonderful Meggy @ Chocolate ‘n’ Waffles, it’s a remedy against feeling down by creating a list of all the good things happening in my life this week. I became so inspired by her weekly posts and later also that by Nickimags @ Secret Library Book Blog, I felt it was time to begin sharing my own good feelings. It can be anything, from the smallest gesture from a stranger to a major event in your life that alters the direction of your day. Maybe something here will bring a smile to you in the moment.
I know deep in my heart that I have lots to be grateful for in the midst of all the worldwide worry and concern. If I keep my focus on gratitude, I’ll feel its constant presence.
I am so grateful it is over! No more nasty ads on constant roll. I’m also thrilled at how many people participated in our voting process, setting records in lots of categories. My hope is for some peace and civil discourse going forward.
My book club met by Zoom yesterday. It was so wonderful to be with this group of women. We began by sharing the weight of this pandemic, what it’s done to our spirits. Amazingly, afterwards we were laughing and sharing, filled with hope and ready to face the world again. And, oh yes. We had a lovely discussion about the book and author, Mary Higgins Clark. We selected her debut novel in tribute to this amazing writer who died in January.
The WW breakfast foods I’ve eaten every morning for two years were discontinued. So, armed with my app, I scanned the frozen breakfast section for alternatives with the same point value that would also be healthy and tasty. Well, I discovered these and couldn’t be happier! It’s a nice change, too. My breakfast routine is not one I want to disrupt so I’m very, very happy.
A very different Grey’s Anatomy returned this week. I’d wondered what the impact of the pandemic looked like in terms of hospital protocol and is was daunting. I’ve valued our front line health professionals but this elevated it to a whole new level. I’m in awe of their sacrifices. Kudos to this show for taking it on.
Virgin River Season 2 has a release date…November 27!!! I’m over the moon about it. Yes, I plan to binge right through it. But first, I think I might rewatch the first season.
- My cousin was voted onto his city’s planning commission!
- My older sister is now in deep pre-retirement mode. It’s lovely to hear how happy she is.
- My nephew left me the sweetest thank you message for his latest book box subscription.
- One of my grocery stores that’s within a mile of my house has an extremely convenient pick up process. I used it yesterday and it was perfect. I’m hunkering down more these days.
- A dear friend called me yesterday and lifted my spirits. She didn’t even know it.
- My book club finalized our slate for 2021 and one of the books was free on Audible because of my membership level.
I continue to pause and reflect upon the people and things in my life that truly matter. For that, I’m grateful.