This reading challenge, hosted by Austine @ Austine Decker.com, is returning for its 7th year in 2023! Designed to help you tackle all the books you keep meaning to read and still haven’t, this challenge is flexible enough to work for all kinds of readers. I’m pledging to read 70 books again in 2023.
- The book must be published in the previous year or earlier (for the 2023 challenge, anything published in 2022 or earlier counts).
- You have to start and finish the book in 2023.
- Any format, any genre. Re-reads count, and you don’t have to own the book. It’s open for the entire year so whenever you feel like jumping in, you can!
- If you prefer using reading prompts, check the site for more info.
- And that’s it!
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023.
There is no formal sign-up for Beat the Backlist this year. Whether you want to make a Goodreads shelf, declare your participation on social media, make a blog post, share an instagram story, or say nothing at all, you’re welcome.
The only request is that if you do post somewhere online about the challenge, please give Austine a link back so more readers can learn about BTB! Share your updates with the tag #BeatTheBacklist!
- Drown Her Sorrows by Melinda Leigh
- The Secret Life of Albert Entwistle by Matt Cain
- Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts
- Four Christmas Kisses by Anna Campbell
- Look Closer by David Ellis
- Hellbent by Gregg Hurwitz