Another great year for reading as I explored even more genres and new authors. This list of twelve represents my best choices of the many I enjoyed. They weren’t all published in 2022 but read this year. I hope you’ll consider adding and enjoy them at least as much as I did.
1. The Appeal by Janice Hallett
If you like the epistolary format of storytelling you’ll love this as its best in class.
2. Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover
While I came late to the CoHo party, I’m now a die-hard fan. This one is classic Hoover with every emotion covered.
3. Take Me Higher by Pamela Clare
It’s not often I’m completely blown away by a story but this was one of the most beautiful love stories I’ve ever read.
4. Out of the Clear Blue Sky by Kristan Higgins
The heroine’s journey following her unwanted divorce was an emotional smorgasbord. Higgins strikes again!
5. Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano
I was worried this wouldn’t live up to the hype but it more than did. It was a wonderful surprise.
6. Cold as Ice by Allison Brennan
I dreaded getting to this book for good reason and it was every bit as harrowing as I imagined. Of course, I couldn’t stop listening.
7. My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing
Why did I wait so long to read this?!?! My book club selected it and it was a hit, especially on audio. That ending…
8. Desperation in Death by J. D. Robb
You’d think that after more than 50 books in a series (this is #55) the stories would become stale. Not hardly with this one. It’s a horrific view of human trafficking in the future. Utterly chilling.
9. Blacktop Wasteland by S. A. Cosby
One of the more complex stories I read last year, this had me conflicted on so many levels. It’s a masterpiece.
10. Wrong Place, Wrong Time by Gillian McAllister
I’m not a big fan of time shifts but this was different. It’s clever and unique, something I could listen to again.
11. Six Graves by Angela Marsons
This story haunted me long after I finished, the most nerve wracking story in the series. It was outstanding.
12. Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt
Hard to admit that I only chose this book to read because it was hyped by a lot of my friends. But! This time I’m glad I succumbed to the hype because it’s special.