This reading challenge, hosted by Austine @ Austine Decker.com, is returning for its 6th year in 2022! Designed to help you tackle all the books you keep meaning to read and still haven’t, this challenge is flexible enough to work for all kinds of readers. Last year, I read 72 books for this challenge, making a serious dent in my backlist. I’m pledging to read 70 books again in 2022.
- The book must be published in the previous year or earlier (for the 2022 challenge, anything published in 2021 or earlier counts).
- You have to start and finish the book in 2022.
- Any format, any genre. Re-reads count, and you don’t have to own the book. It’s open for the entire year so whenever you feel like jumping in, you can!
- And that’s it!
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
There is no formal sign-up for Beat the Backlist this year. Whether you want to make a Goodreads shelf, declare your participation on social media, make a blog post, share an instagram story, or say nothing at all, you’re welcome.
The only request is that if you do post somewhere online about the challenge, please give Austine a link back so more readers can learn about BTB!
- The Academy by Robert Dugoni
- Third Watch by Robert Dugoni
- Before She Disappeared by Lisa Gardner
- Breaking Point by Allison Brennan