This reading challenge, hosted by Austine & Katie @ NovelKnight, is all about knocking off those older books from your to-read list. Any genre, any format, any length. I participate in several group reads of older series so this fits my reading habits so very well. Last year, I read almost 80 books for this challenge, making a serious dent in my backlist. My pledge this year is to read 70 books for this challenge.
- The book must have been published in 2020 or earlier to count. It can be in any format (including an ARC/eARC) as long as the release date is 2020 or earlier (i.e. 2021 releases are not allowed).
- You have to start and finish the book in 2021 to count it. Any books started in 2020 and finished in 2021 do not count. Any books started in 2021 and finished in 2022 also do not count.
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
How to Join
- POST your backlist TBR for the year somewhere online! This can be in the form of a blog post, instagram photo caption, Twitter thread, Goodreads shelf, YouTube video, whatever works for you! You are NOT locked into these books, it’s just something to get you started! Make sure to share a link to this page somewhere in your post so others can find the challenge!
- SIGN UP is not required this year! Just go to the site and grab your tools to create your challenge.
- READ backlist books and knock them off your TBR!
- SHARE your updates on social media!
Official Challenge Tags
#BeatTheBacklist #BeatTheBacklist2021 #BTB2021
My TBR Backlist
(In alpha order)